1 Year After Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde Still In My Memory

Indeed every soul shall taste death. Its been a year  now since I lost my political  father, Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde. Chief stood for me through thick and thin since when I know him.

Even though I knew it was looming, I didn’t know it would come so soon. I was hoping I’d have more time to get acquainted with the idea of death and what it means for those of us left behind. Death is a part of life. And once it strikes someone you so dearly love, your existence will never be the same.  

I lost Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde. But only in body, not in spirit. This is by far the most painful and heart-ripping and life-altering experience I’ve endured. But I do my best to remain grateful and comforted knowing how much my beloved Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde positively affected the lives of others. He was the most sincerely altruistic person I have ever known with no attachment to material things, he would literally give you the clothes he was wearing. All you had to do was mention you liked something and he would immediately insist on giving it to you. All he ever wanted to do was make other people feel comfortable and make sure they were not feeling left out. Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde left an impact on every person he met, even strangers (who didn’t stay strangers very long because he was just so friendly). 

I know the pain of losing Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde will perhaps never leave me. How can you get over a person who has been there since before you were even aware of yourself politically? His life, his influence, his energy are inextricably linked to mine and I now take comfort in that. I take comfort in knowing that Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde is no longer in pain. That suffering is no longer something he has to endure.  

Chief Mukandas Alani Akinde will forever be in my heart until the day it stops beating. I still recall when he was on his sick bed and said, “take care of your self and Mukandas political  families incase I’m no more Prince Adeyemi’’. I was in tears and told him you’ll win this battle by the grace of God . I left him at Ojugbele hospital  and went home for  prayer. I came back the following morning  and went inside the hospital, on getting inside I found him in a critical condition. Doctors came in and were on him for about two to three hours. 

After seeing his condition we were referred to Lagos State University Teaching Hospital(LASUTH). We left Ojugbele hospital in Ota for Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) around 11am. We were close to reaching Ikeja when i notice Chief is not doing fine anymore  at exactly 12:25pm in an ambulance which I was in with her daughter

Seeing your family  dying in front of you. Indeed death is painful, but God mentioned in the Holy Bible  that every soul shall taste death. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. My hearts still ache in sadness, for what it meant to lose you; You were a father whose worth can never be told. There’s a place in my hearts no one can fill. I miss you and always i will.  

The loss of a father no matter how old you are changes your life forever, you never really get over the loss, you learn to live with the loss and he is never far from your thoughts. Political Life became empty ever since he left us. 

Chief, before his return to his Creator on June 29, 2023 meant different things to different people, but for me he meant two things: My whole world and my hero. On some of his worst days, he would call me into his room. He would share his problems or tell us to take care of ourselves politically  when his no more.  

After the hilness, which led to his death he was concerned about everyone. He wanted to make sure everyone one  was well taken care of During the ileya festive. He was a man who was bigger than life. His laugh would make you open up and feel comfortable. His smile warmed the hearts of those who saw it. Chief was a great man. His ethics and genes live on in his political children. I am proud to call  him my father and political father. I was blessed with his presence in my life. His legacy will live on in me. I hope I do him proud. You’re my guardian angel, Chief. I miss you very much. God bless you, Sir, and rest in peace till we meet again.  

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you, my heart just breaks; I miss you terribly. You are never out of my heart. You were the most important part of my entire life, and there is no one like you.   

Your absence will always remind me that I have a very important task to accomplish ahead as your political son. I will never forget you, i will always remember you with pride, you will always be in my prayers. So help me God. Ameen 

 
#BSMREPORTS 

1 comment:

  1. May God Continue To Rest His Soul Among The Pious.... Orun ree Gbenbeleku Dambowu, Aya see kii, Baba ojoo

    ReplyDelete

Adbox

@bsmreports